Concept maps has helped the students:
· To develop a good list of differentials when approaching a symptom in a patient
· To identify critical pieces of information in the patient's presentation and use them as branch points to distinguish between groups of diagnoses
· To shape a more targeted approach in history
· To serve as a brief guide in reading up on various conditions with overlapping features
· To translate the basic medical sciences they learnt in pre-clinical years into clinical context
· To form conceptual links between topics covered in different modules/rotations in medical school
· To complement the knowledge of individual disease conditions
· To develop a systematic and functional way to approach patients
· To use as revision tool
· To improve Clinical reasoning
It is not recommended that students to memorise these concept maps because none of them could be perfect and different clinician can create their concept maps differently.
Concept maps presentations links is attached.
Sample of youtube video also available and presentation is uploaded per week so please keep an eye on the YouTube channel of Dr Swe Khin-Htun.